Welcome to our website. I am Julie Cutler, Head Teacher of Tardebigge CE VA First School and I would like to take this opportunity to extend a warm welcome to you on behalf of the staff and governors of our school.
A school has been on site since 1815, the original school was established in what had been the Magpie Inn opposite St Bartholomew's Church. The school was supported by the Earl of Plymouth.
Needless to say I am the newest of a long line of Head Teachers at Tardebigge School. I started my teaching career in the borough of Solihull in 1990. After ten years I moved to Warwickshire to an Infant school called Alcester Infants, five years later we amalgamated with the local Junior school called St. Faiths to form a new primary school called St. Nicholas CE. I spent a further five very happy years there as an Assistant Head. When the opportunity arose for the Headship at Tardebigge it seemed like the perfect school to begin the next stage in my career. I feel blessed to have secured the position.
Tardebigge First CE VA School is a friendly and welcoming school. Our aim is to work in partnership with our parents and carers, the local community and the diocese to provide a high quality education for all our pupils. Our very talented and hard working staff are committed to helping the children feel special, happy and safe. Our philosophy at Tardebigge is to ensure that all our pupils are 'motivated and engaged' with their learning. As an Eco school and a church school we also enthuse the children to respect God's planet and to care for their beautiful environment.
We hope that this website is informative and gives you a taste of our school but it cannot take the place of a visit. If you would like to experience our warm welcome or talk to me about any aspect of the school please ring our school office (01527 872886) to arrange an appointment.
Schools Direct Teaching Position 2013-14:
This position has been allocated. Thank you to everyone who expressed an interest in the post.
Schools Direct Teaching Postion 2014 - 2015:
We do not yet know if we will be taking part in the scheme.
If the school had to close due to bad weather this would be the procedure:
·We will text you as early as possible in the event of a school closure;
· We will provide daily updates on this website;
· We may stagger the start of the school day;
· We will inform you if Shire Services cannot deliver hot meals and you need to provide a packed lunch;
· In the event School is closed we will post work for the children on Education City;
· The Parish Council have talked to local farmers about the possibility of clearing the roads in and around the school;
· We may ask for volunteers to help clear the paths leading to school. If you feel that you may be able to help please contact the office. We want to put a list together of people willing to help if needed.
· If you can’t make it to school it may be possible for you to park at The Tardebigge pub and walk up to school.
· If the school is closed I will contact the Council, they will update their website and inform the local radios of any closures as soon as possible;