GCSE (OCR) in Psychology at Archway
Course content: Includes topics that are key contemporary debates in society today. For example:
- Sex and Gender
- How Memory works
- The importance of secure attachments
- Why do we have phobias?
- Are criminals born or made?
Why study psychology?
To discover why people do the things they do – good or evil
- Why people develop the way they do
- To understand different cultures
- To widen our imagination
- To help solve problems in Society
Further Progression – Studying Psychology can lead to:
- AS or A2 Psychology
Study skills such as managing stress, problem-solving, analysing, interpreting information, note-taking, exam techniques
- Could lead to a career in areas such as Criminal Investigation, Advertising, Education, Policy-making and many more
Staff contacts: Linda Ostrowska and Anna-Maria Shelley (Head of Department)