Careers Home Page
The school holds Careermark- this denotes that Brookfield Community School provides a quality Careers Education, Advice and Guidance Programme
to the Careers section for Brookfield Community School
So what IS Careers??
Careers education is simply about preparing you for and supporting you with decisions about your future both in and out of school.
This will involve information,advice and guidance which will be available to you
- In PD lessons
- In your reviews
- In assemblies
- From Connexions staff
- Through visiting staff
- On Work Experience
- On work related activities
You are entitled to information,advice and guidance which is impartial and confidential.
Click to read your entitlement statement for the key stage you are in
Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4, Key Stage 5
Careers Education and Guidance -
How you can help yourself
- Research your careers ideas—you can use the library in school, computer programmes like KUDOS, Routes Ahead and other websites - see the links on your Key Stage page
- Make use of the literature you receive
- Discuss your career ideas with friends, family, teachers, careers advisers.
- Complete all your PD work seriously.
- Don't leave decisions for your choices at the end of Year 11 too late!
- Join in any careers related activities that are offered to you
- ASK for help and advice if you need it.
Did you know that if you have a clear idea of what you want to do when you leave compulsory education and how you are going to achieve what you want you will almost definitely do better at school??
Who Can Help You?
Your form tutor, your Head of Year, Mrs Battams - Assistant Head, Mrs Beards- Careers and Work Experience Coordinator, Mr Edmonds - Deputy Head in charge of 6th form, Miss Scott - Head of Y12, Mt Gascoyne Head of Y13, Mr Watts and Mr McIntyre, Miss Marsden Head of PdC, your PD teacher, Mrs Atkinson - librarian, Gill Duckham and Penny Eaton - Connexions Careers and Personal Advisors.
Click here for regulations re part time working for students aged 13 - school leaving age