Rivermead Primary School
Our Home-School Promise
We believe that the success of your child or children is achieved more effectively if school and parents are working in partnership. We, therefore, ask all parents and children to read and sign the Home-School Promise to reflect this partnership..
The school will try to:
· Care for your child’s safety and happiness;
· Encourage your child to achieve his/her best;
· Provide a balanced curriculum at an appropriate level for your child;
· Ensure that good relationships are formed in order to encourage high standards of work and behaviour, and a sense of responsibility;
· Keep you informed about your child’s progress and about general school matters;
· Be open and welcoming and offer opportunities for you to become involved in the general life of the school.
As a family we will try to:
· Ensure that my/our child arrives at school on time and is properly equipped;
· Ensure that my/our child attends school regularly and notify the school when he or she is absent;
· Support the school’s policies and guidelines for learning and behaviour;
· Support my/our child in homework and other learning opportunities outside of school;
· Attend ‘Parents’ Evenings’ and discussions about my/our child’s progress;
· Get to know about my child’s life at school.
Together we will try to:
· Share any concerns or problems that might affect your child’s work or behaviour;
· Support your child’s educational, personal, social and spiritual development;
· Prepare the child to be a confident and happy member of society.
As a pupil, I will try to:
· Bring all the equipment that I need every day – including my P.E. Kit;
· Wear my uniform proudly and be neat and tidy in appearance;
· Do all my work at school and at home as well as I can;
· Be polite, kind and helpful to everyone;
· Be well-behaved and sensible;
· Take care of the school equipment, our building and the school’s surroundings.
My child and I have talked together about this Home-School Promise.
Signed __________________________________________________ Headteacher