Why do we want a values based school?
• It encourages us all to care.
• It gives us a way to measure behaviour.
• It helps us to better understand and articulate the impact our behaviour can have on our friends, our school, our community.
• It brings the school together and gives us a focus.
• It develops a sense of belonging.
• It promotes the giving and receiving of support.
• It can raise self-esteem.
• It provides a moral framework.
• It helps us to be reflective.
• It leads to mutual respect.
• It helps to develop quality relationships between staff/staff/pupils.
• It enables everyone to be equal and have a voice.
• It releases creativity.
The Value of the Month is –
• Introduced through assemblies.
• An implicit feature across the whole curriculum.
• The subject of a central display / classroom displays.
• A focus of reflective practices.
• Supported by parents and the whole school community.
Values education permeates the whole curriculum and day to day organisation of the school.
Staff and pupils all try hard to be true to the values and live them daily.
There is no place for a culture of blame and criticism but instead a culture of respect and consideration is developed across the entire school.