Unit 3: Beliefs in Society
• Different theories of ideology, science and religion, including both Christian and non-Christian religious traditions.
• The relationship between religious beliefs and social change and stability.
• Religious organisations, including cults, sects, denominations, churches and New Age movements, and their relationship to religious and spiritual belief and practice.
• The relationship between different social groups and religious/spiritual organisations and movements, beliefs and practices.
• The significance of religion and religiosity in the contemporary world, including the nature and extent of secularisation in a global context.