The Work Based Curriculum
The work-based curriculum course at Exmouth is accessible to students from years 9-11 with a variety of opportunities within this. The course offer those students who are not always able to cope with a full or regular curriculum a chance to continue with a varied and more suitable education. For some this is also a chance of a new start and also provides the students to follow a vocational route.
Students are selected to participate in the course during the previous year in conjunction with tutors, teachers, HOD’s, JPL, the students and parents. Introductory evenings and meetings with the parents are organised for us to explain the courses and students have the opportunity to visit the colleges (year 10) to experience taster days and interviews. We also run trial outdoor education trips to set the basics and allow the groups to build confidence.
EXMOUTH CC WORK BASED CURRICULUM POLICY
At Exmouth we will:
• Provide students with the opportunity to:-
• Access a new curriculum.
• Develop skills and gain qualifications for the world of work.
• Learn in a new environment.
• Enable students to access core GCSE courses or relevant levels of qualification.
• Provide an enjoyable and positive learning experience!
Within this we will offer:
• A range of courses within school and activities out of school.
• Support within your lessons and at training colleges from teachers experienced with these courses.
• Places at training colleges.
• Transport to and from the colleges and for the days out.
• Support and guidance for the future.