Over the last few weeks we’ve made a significant number of updates and developments to FFT Live. We thought it an appropriate time to provide you with the current ‘state of play’ regarding developments generally.
Although information about updates has been included in the FFT Live news section, we would be grateful if you pass this information on to your colleagues using the system.
· Latest 2008/09 KS1, 2 and 3 results data now available on FFT Live reports
· The following new/improved reports are now available in the development section on FFT Live (right hand side of the home page):
o Significant Areas Grid (LA and school versions)
o Significant Areas Detail (LA and school versions)
o KS2 pupil estimates
o KS3 pupil estimates
o Student Explorer (see section below for further details)
· The following development reports will be available by the w/c 5 October
o KS3 Other Foundation Subjects (OFS) and KS4 pupil estimates (including estimated grades)
o KS2, 3 and 4 cohort estimates (LA and school versions)
o KS2/3/4 Summary Estimates (LA version)
For more details on the new development reports please see the FFT Live news section.
Student Explorer (a suite of reports to support the identification of and planning for students with particular characteristics) is now available in the ‘New Reports’ development area on FFT Live.
Student Explorer includes, amongst other data, information about pupil ethnicity. Because this data is classed as ‘sensitive’ in the Government’s Information Classification System we have released two versions of this report:
a) all current LA and School FFT Live Administrators will receive the full version of the reports including data on pupil ethnicity
b) all other users WHO HAVE ACCESS TO PUPIL DATA will still be able to view and use Student Explorer. However, information relating to pupil ethnicity will be marked as ‘Not Authorised’
By the end of next week, we will be adding additional administration functionality which will allow an LA or School FFT Live Administrator to select which users can/can’t view sensitive data of this type. This will mean that regular FFT Live users with access to pupil data will also be able to view ethnicity data if given the appropriate access rights.
Self Evaluation booklet and add-ons
· Background pupil data is based on the latest 2008/09 summer census, except where more up-to-date data has been provided by LAs through the September transfer process (notification will be given to LAs when the processing of this data has taken place)
· New Primary and Secondary Self Evaluation booklets will be available in w/c 5 October from FFT Live (for schools only). Secondary booklets will include 2008/09 KS3 results.
If you have any further questions then please contact us at email@example.com
A copy of this news up date will be placed on the Suffolk Learning Hub (www.suffolklearning.org); from the Contents Page go to Supporting Learning; then Assessment; then the news section.
County Adviser for Assessment (Secondary)
Inclusive School Improvement Service, CYP
Paul's Road Centre
Tel: 01473 583480
Fax: 01473 583519
Home Office: 01473 620401