Linking to webpages and other resources.
All of the resources you create on our website have a URL (Unique Resource Locator). URLs are how the whole internet works. Every webpage on the internet has one. We also refer to URLs as web addresses. For example http://www.alns.co.uktakes you to our school website's homepage. This isn't by luck and there is only allowed to be one webpage that has this URL, otherwise it wouldn't be unique. Your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) wouldn't know which one to open if there were more than one!
So in order to make our homepages or ePortfolios more interesting we can link to other webpages that show our best work, our blogs or to extra pages with more of our stuff on. You could have a page for every subject. To see what I mean about creating a subject menu or linking to blogs and other websites, have a look at my homepage ARI.
- Adding a Hyperlink from your homepage.
- Open the webpage or resource you want to link to.
- Grab (select and copy) the URL from the web address bar.
- Go back to the place you wish to link FROM and select the text or image you wish to make into your button (the thing you clisk on to make the link).
- Click on the Hyperlink button on the toolbar (you will only see this if you are editing).
Don't forget to submit or save your editing and test out your link!