Waingels College in Woodley, near Reading, Berkshire, has been recently re-developed as a pathfinder for schools of the future at a cost of £31 million.
The transformed college offers a world-class learning environment to hard-working, well-motivated and high-achieving students organised into three, 11-18 ‘Learning Zones’ within the overall context of its specialisms in Mathematics and Computing and its designation as a National Training School.
· A highly successful 11-18 comprehensive with over 1400 well-motivated students, judged as “good” with many outstanding features by Ofsted (April 2013)
· Over 250 students in the Sixth Form, judged as “outstanding” by Ofsted
· A friendly, supportive working environment in an attractive and well-resourced setting
· A demonstrable commitment to curriculum innovation
· Excellent new facilities following the £31M capital investment re-build
· Innovative use of ICT with a strong impact across the curriculum