|We aim to improve the ability of students to construct and
convey meaning. All students should know what they need to do to
improve their writing.
A student should know that a Level 4 writer can:
- spell most words accurately;
- use adventurous words;
- use different sentences which begin with capital letters and end with full stops;
- use capital letters for names;
- use commas and speech marks in the correct places;
- set out dialogue correctly;
- organise the writing into paragraphs.
A student should know that a Level 5 writer can:
- spell the majority of words accurately;
- use words and phrases appropriately and effectively;
- use different kinds of sentences correctly;
- begin sentences in different ways;
- use commas, apostrophes, semi-colons, colons, brackets and dashes accurately;
- use paragraphs confidently.