School Council Minutes 19.1.11
RD Finn, Daisy
1LS: Lottie, James
2E: Alexander, Chanel
2O: Tilly, Ollie
3M: Amy, Ryan
4H: Kate, Tom
· Buddy guards not on playground : Tom to sort out with Mr Hood.
· Mud in school – children are going on mud by gazebo path and round climbing frame. Remind to stick to astro-turf and to wipe feet properly.
· Toilet floors are wet and muddy : water drips from hands on way to hand driers and people not wiping feet properly. Suggest try a bowl under driers to see if that helps and remind children to shake their hands over sink.
· Request to change order in which classes go to lunch as 3M and 4H always 2nd last and last. Miss Mitson will talk to mid-day assistants. Younger classes have to go in first as take longer to eat.
· Could we have play equipment on playground? Miss Mitson will remind mid-day assistants that equipment can be used as long as ground not wet. Tom and Kate will remind Archie to open the cupboard at playtime. Kate to see Miss Oxley about playleaders.
· Request to have benches painted. Miss Mitson will talk to Mr Giles.
· Some children feel squashed on way in from play and preferred it when classes came in one at a time. Council voted and most children in favour of keeping current system. All children to be reminded about walking in carefully and not in a crush.
· Some children think lunchtime is too long. This appears to be mainly younger children who go into lunch first, then go outside for the rest of the time. Miss Mitson will talk to the mid-day assistants about sometimes opening the activity area downstairs, especially if it is cold, like we did in the snow.
· When are we going to get the play castle? Mr Giles is hoping to have the money soon.
Thank you all for your class discussions!