7. During the key stage, pupils should be taught the Knowledge, skills and understanding through the following range of activities, contexts and purposes.
8. The range should include:
- reading aloud
- presenting to different audiences
- extended speaking for different purposes.
9. The range should include opportunities for pupils to listen to:
- live talks/readings/presentations
- recordings [for example, radio, television, film]
- others in groups.
Group discussion and interaction
10. The range of purposes should include:
- investigating, selecting, sorting
- planning, predicting, exploring
- explaining, reporting, evaluating.
11. The range should include:
- improvisation and working in role
- scripting and performing in plays
- responding to performances.