4. To participate in a wide range of drama activities and to evaluate their own and others' contributions, pupils should be taught to:
- create, adapt and sustain different roles, individually and in groups
- use character, action and narrative to convey story, themes, emotions, ideas in plays they devise and script
- use dramatic techniques to explore characters and issues [for example, hot seating, flashback]
- evaluate how they and others have contributed to the overall effectiveness of performances.