|Planning and drafting
2. To develop their writing on paper and on screen, pupils should be taught to:
- plan - note and develop initial ideas
- draft - develop ideas from the plan into structured written text
- revise - change and improve the draft
- proofread - check the draft for spelling and punctuation errors, omissions and repetitions
- present - prepare a neat, correct and clear final copy
discuss and evaluate their own and others' writing.
Note for 2a and 2d: On screen this includes using the planning and proofing tools in a word processor (for example, thesaurus, grammar checker).