4. Curriculum opportunities
During the key stage pupils should be offered the following opportunities that are integral to their learning and enhance their engagement with the concepts, processes and content of the subject.
The curriculum should provide opportunities for pupils to:
- work independently and collaboratively, taking different roles in teams
- explore areas that are new to them, including ideas, techniques and processes
- respond to the school’s location and local cultural influences
- engage with contemporary art, craft and design, working with creative individuals and in creative environments where possible
- work with a variety of genres, including contemporary practice
- engage in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary practice within the arts
- make links between art and design and other subjects and areas of the curriculum.