4. Curriculum opportunities
During the key stage students should be offered the following opportunities that are integral to their learning and enhance their engagement with the concepts, processes and content of the subject.
The curriculum should provide opportunities for pupils to:
- develop confidence in an increasing range of methods and techniques
- work on sequences of tasks that involve using the same mathematics in increasingly difficult or unfamiliar contexts, or increasingly demanding mathematics in similar contexts
- work on open and closed tasks in a variety of real and abstract contexts that allow them to select the mathematics to use
- work on problems that arise in other subjects and in contexts beyond the school
- work on tasks that bring together different aspects of concepts, processes and mathematical content
- work collaboratively as well as independently in a range of contexts
- become familiar with a range of resources, including ICT, so that they can select appropriately.