4. Curriculum opportunities
During the key stage pupils should be offered the following opportunities that are integral to their learning and enhance their engagement with the concepts, processes and content of the subject.
The curriculum should provide opportunities for pupils to:
- encounter people from different religious, cultural and philosophical groups, who can express a range of convictions on religious and moral issues, where possible
- visit places of major religious significance, where possible
- use ICT to enhance understanding of religion
- discuss, question and evaluate important issues in religion and philosophy, including ultimate questions and ethical issues
- reflect upon and carefully evaluate their own and others’ beliefs and values, using reasoned, balanced arguments
- use a range of forms of expression to communicate their ideas and responses
- explore the connections between RE and other subject areas.